Search Filter

Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG ‘Cinque Stelle’

Bottle Price: ¥ 8,130

Member Price : ¥ 7,020

Full case Price Buy 6 get 10% DISCOUNT

Surprise your Relative, Friend or Business Relation in Japan with our Selected Gift or Tasting Sets, or Tailor Make your own Gift Set by your Personal Choice of Wines.

Include a Personalized Greeting Card.

Select from a Choice of Wrapping Papers or use a Traditional Japanese Gift Wrap.

Never forget an occasion anymore and let us remind you of your important birthdays, wedding day and other important dates.

Select conveniently from your personal gift mailing list.

It can be matured for a further 12-15 years. Intense and dark ruby red. Bouquet is vinous, very rich of red berries and plums, coffee beans, bitter chocolate and spices (green/black pepper). The taste is extremely complex and pleasantly rich and dry, well-bodied with the right acidity. Full bodied, elegant and luscious wine, it has a marked, spicy, ethereal scent with a powerful, explosive fruit on the palate, which is, however, never unbalanced and it shows formidably fine texture and an extremely long finish.

  • ¥ 8,130
6 btls/cs Total Yen 43,902 (Yen 7,317/Bottle)

You will save 4,878 Yen by ordering the full case..

IT-ACS14

Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG ‘Cinque Stelle’

vintage

2014

Type

Red

Taste

Dry

Body

Alcohol

15.5 %

Serve at

0°C

Grape Variety

Corvina and Corvinone Veronese 70%, Rondinella 25%, Molinara 5%

size

750ml

Btl. / Cs.

6 Bottle

Country

Italy

Place Of Origin

Veneto

winery michele castellani
Category

red

description

It can be matured for a further 12-15 years. Intense and dark ruby red. Bouquet is vinous, very rich of red berries and plums, coffee beans, bitter chocolate and spices (green/black pepper). The taste is extremely complex and pleasantly rich and dry, well-bodied with the right acidity. Full bodied, elegant and luscious wine, it has a marked, spicy, ethereal scent with a powerful, explosive fruit on the palate, which is, however, never unbalanced and it shows formidably fine texture and an extremely long finish.

Production

Amarone is obtained from carefully selected grapes, dried for a period of 3 -4 months in well-aired rooms. This brings an extraordinary concentration of sugar, tannins, extracts and glycerin. After that, grapes undergoes a soft pressing process and a low fermentation of must for over 40 days at controlled temperature (25 C.) with skins. Extremely long maceration (more than 40 days) with 2 remounts per week. 60% of the wine is matured in Slovenian oak barrels of 5000 L, whilst the remaining 40% is matured in French new oak barrels (barriques). Total maturation in wood lasts for 3 years. Further bottle maturation for 12 months before release. It can be matured for a further 12 - 15 years.

Food Pairing

It is a perfect match to roast meat, game and poultry, grilled and braised meat, and seasoned, spicy cheeses. It is unrivaled when sipped in good company at the end of the meal.

Awards

2007Vintage93Points-WineSpectator2009

REVIEWS

There are no reviews yet.